Join us for a magical adventure across Colombia this June 4th-15th! This isn’t your typical tour. This is an immersive student adventure!
Experience Colombia as a native with the help of our teacher, Andrea and a private tour guide (30+ years experience) who will be joining us on every single excursion! We will commence the adventure in the vibrant capital, Bogotá, cradled by chilly Andean peaks and steeped in sophisticated urban radiance. We will then travel to the spectacular natural beauty of the Coffee Axis (El Eje Cafetero) where the world’s most famous coffee is cultivated. We will then whisk off to the Caribbean coast and experience Cartagena, a city of colonial romance and legends and the magnificent Rosario Islands! You will also have a mix of private and group Spanish classes at culturally immersive locations like cafes, beaches, and eclectic restaurants. In the past Strommen trips have been available only to individual students that requested a tailored vip cultural experience. We have taken a few lucky students on trips by train across China, to Paris and Rome. Join us, and a handful of other students for our first official Strommen student trip to Colombia!
We want you to have fun but also enjoy a rich cultural experience. The only thing not included is your airfare (so that you can pick the best flight for your needs or use miles). Currently Airfare to Bogotá, Colombia (BOG) is $580 from June 4th-15th
The package includes:
– 10 day all inclusive personalized tour experience in Bogotá, El Eje Cafetero and Cartagena
– Accommodation for all the places described in the program
– All meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the program.
– Entry fees to all the places described in the plan.
– National health care card per participant.
– Transfers from airport to hotel in Bogota and Cartagena.
– Coordinator companion throughout the program.
– 10 hours of private and group classes
- Day 1 – Transport from El Dorado airport in Bogota, lunch will be available depending on the check in at the hotel and then dinner.
- Day 2 – Circuit Zipaquirá, visit to the Salt Cathedral, typical lunch, tour of the Candelaria, tourism of the historical sector of Bogota: Monserrate, dinner and hotel accommodations.
- Day 3 – Travel by land to The Colombian Coffee Axis (El Eje Cafetero) , breakfast, lunch in Salento, A stop at the viewpoint of Cocora Valley , panoramic city tour of Pereira in combination with the thermal pools Santa Rosa de Cabal, dinner and accommodations at the estate.
- Day 4 – Breakfast at the estate, a visit to the national coffee park (multiple passport) includes all the rides and lunch at the park, visit to Montenegro, dinner and overnight at the estate.
- Day 5 – Breakfast, check out of the estate, Recuca Plan (tour of the coffee culture) lunch and start the return to Bogotá, check into the hotel dinner included.
- Day 6 – Breakfast at hotel, transfer to the airport en route to Cartagena, transfer to Bocagrande and an afternoon tour of the city, dinner in the walled city.
- Day 7 – Breakfast at hotel, transfer to the port to board the boat en route the Rosario Islands, visit to the oceanarium, lunch on the private island, back to Cartagena, for dinner and hotel stay
- Day 8 – Free day in Cartagena for personal activities
- Day 9 – Transfer to Bogota, lunch and afternoon at the Gold Museum
- Day 10 – Breakfast at hotel and departure for the El Dorado airport to board the flight for Los Angeles.
Total Fees $2,199 (not including airfare) fly into Bogota June 4th. Upon payment of deposit an email with full details will be sent).
Deadline for Non-refundable $500 deposit is April 15th.[nicepaypallite name=”Non-refundable Colombia trip deposit” amount=”500″ value=”$500 Deposit (Non-refundable)”]
Payment in full due May 1st. *Please remember there is no airfare included. Students will meet at the hotel on June 4th. Upon payment of deposit we will email you a detailed information packet with tips on purchasing airfare. There are absolutely no refunds on deposits or travel package purchase. By purchasing you agree to our full terms and conditions of this trip read here.
I was born in the high plateau of the beautiful Andes Mountains in Bogotá, Colombia. I have a BA in Psychology and English from the University of Connecticut and I have also attended The Southern California School of Interpreting. I am an intuitive and dynamic instructor who feels it is important to cater to the idiosyncrasies of each individual and stylize the lessons according to each student’s’ learning style. I am also a performing artist so I enjoy a creative approach to teaching language such as through music, dance, literature and role-playing. I’m SO excited to be traveling to Colombia with you!